Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I don't like birthdays

Another year, a quarter of a century. Yet again I've avoided my birthday like the plague. I took a whole week off work, just so I could hide.
I was really surprised - I got so many individuals wishing me a happy birthday via facebook, all of the time I was thinking so few actually cared (edit: I'm overwhelmed by those that bothered). I know facebook posting costs are low, but I got individuals whom I thought it would never matter to wishing me a happy birthday. (edit: woohoo)
Right now, it feels like I'm going through the motions - I don't want to be lonely or upset, but I've done it for so long I don't know any other means to survive.

An improvement - at least today, unlike last year, I'm not eating pizza alone infront of a waitress I vaguely know.

That sucked. It really did. It was incredibly awkward for my friends that did eventually catch up with me, it was uncomfortable for the waitress, it was probably uncomfortable for the pizza.

There must be more to life than this - narrowly avoiding the rock bottom of the previous year.

No comments: